Shop with confidence
Children wearing masks can be a bad idea for numerous reasons. This is why we do not sell them. If your child is prone to fidget with it for instance, you could actually increase instead of decrease the exposure. Luckily, there is an alternative. The child protective cap will not stop spreading towards the face area from direct contact, but it will make sure to reduce invasion through direct directional airborn contact (e.g. droplets from coughing and sneezing). This cap is equipped with a detachable design allowing you to use the metal push buttons to separate the cap from the protective film. This allows the cap to be machine washable. The protective film is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethan) which makes it dust- and smear-proof. The hat is made from durable cotton.
Recommendations and precautions:
- Physically inspect the protective cap after each use and wash. If you notice any tears in the fabric, discontinue use to prevent degradation in protective capabilities.
- Follow face mask wear and remove instructions (linked) at all times.
- Ensure any minors are under guardianship of adults whilst wearing the protective cap. Do not let children under 4 years of age, or children of any age prone to put things in their mouth near the protective cap. This is not a toy and has not been childproofed.
- Where possible, adhere to a 2 hour wearing time maximum. Breath fresh air for half an hour before wearing the protective cap again.This allows for the nasal cavity to cool down and any respiratory resistance to fade back to regular levels.
- Extended wearing of any facial mask can cause heating of the nasal canal, weakening nasal mucosa and cavity over time.
- This will be much less likely with a protective cap, but adhering to the maximum amount of facial masks is best practice.
- Shorten the time of wearing the protective cap if you get forced resparation.If these incidents repeat please consult with a medical professional as to the best practices for continued wear.
- Stop using the product immediately if difficulties of breathing manifest after removing the protective cap. Consult with your medical professional before continuing the use of the mask.